Friday, July 27, 2007

He brought more than his wares

In addition to the treasures in his wagon, the old peddler brought a connection to other people. Marco Polo brought stories of the strange world of the Orient, the frontier peddler brought news of the big city, and the door to door salesman helped us connect with neighbors that we barely knew. A great example of this is Bill Porter who sold Watkins products door to door in Portland, OR. His incredible story brought to television and DVD by William H. Macy in the TNT original film, Door to Door.

Peddlers are known for talking incessantly and telling stories as they peddle their wares. I am no exception, as this Blog continues I will share stories and anecdotes that I have enjoyed over the years. Maybe you'll enjoy them too. In the meantime checkout my wares and visit my links.

No comments: